Iron County School District will offer a new high-tech high school focused on entrepreneurship and personalized, competency-based education called Launch High School, opening in August 2020.
Innovative Learning for ALL
Empowering exceptional students through personalized competency-based education that emphasizes experiential hands-on learning with technology, entrepreneurial design thinking, and the essential social-emotional skills to prepare students for future success.
Introducing Launch High School
Launch High School will partner with SUU’s School of Business and Entrepreneurship program, as well as Southwest Tech, to give all students opportunities for authentic work and a pathway to their future education, career, and success. Students will attend Launch High School, in the building next to the district office, on either an A day or B day to study English, math, science and social studies in a unique environment that will infuse technology and design thinking. They’ll return to their boundary high school to take elective classes on the alternating days and for extracurricular activities/athletics.
This school will be best suited for 9th to 12th-grade students who are interested in:
- Early access to credit acquisition toward graduation and/or early college/technical education.
- Experiential learning in a hands-on, project-based environment.
- Essential skills, like creativity, communication, and collaboration, integrated into courses.
- Entrepreneurial education that connects to industry and post-secondary partners.
- EdTech integration to provide a mix of in-person and online instruction and activities.
- Elect an alternative approach to education where teachers personalize learning.
Feb 12th – Lottery to Select Students
Students will be selected by lottery and enrolled for the 2020-2021 school year or be placed on a wait list.
Spring 2020 – Parent and Student Information Nights
Selected students and their parents will be invited to come, learn more, and help design the school.
August 2020 School Opens